McKesson CVIS Provides Documented Efficiencies as a Result of its Unique Parallel Workflows Horizon Cardiology™ enables our customers to improve quality of care, boost efficiencies and reduce costs while increasing physician and staff satisfaction in the cardiovascular department. It is the only cardiovascular information system (CVIS) with a single database that includes support for all cardiovascular images, waveforms and information, including cardiac and peripheral catheterization, hemodynamics monitoring, echocardiography, vascular ultrasound, nuclear cardiology, and ECG management.
This unique architecture improves the accuracy and efficiency of the department by eliminating duplicate data entry and supporting parallel workflows. Our customers are experiencing a perfect storm of spiraling costs combined with decreasing revenues, and it is more important than ever to provide IT solutions that combat this situation. Several sites have shared their success stories at how implementing Horizon Cardiology has reduced costs, improved efficiency, and even uncovered lost revenue. One site, for instance, has recovered over $500,000 in missed revenue after implementing Horizon Cardiology’s ECG management solution.
In addition, they were able to reassign 5 resources to perform additional clinical duties, since they went from spending 75% of their time administering ECGs to simply spending 5% of their time. Another site speaks about how they have improved the care that they provide their patients as a direct result of the increased clinician efficiency achieved with Horizon Cardiology’s integrated cath lab solution. Their report turn-around-time (TAT) dropped from four or five days down to the same day, and recovery room (TAT) has been accelerated by 30 minutes. Additionally, charge documentation now only takes 5 minutes, instead of the 30-60 minutes that it used to take. With reduced report turn-around-times, improved charge capture and inventory usage accuracy, they have also significantly increased their annual revenue through the capture of missed charges. Picture your success with McKesson during RSNA at Booth #211 Lakeside Center to see how you can achieve better IT health. For more information, visit www.AllAboutCVIS.com.
McKesson solutions for Enterprise Medical Imaging: Radiology and Professional Services
McKesson Enterprise Medical Imaging builds and delivers complete end-to-end solutions that enable healthcare facilities of all sizes and complexities to address today’s imaging and information management challenges while preparing them for clinical, financial, regulatory and operational success in the future.
Our comprehensive radiology solutions – Horizon Medical Imaging™ and McKesson Radiology Manager™ are designed to improve the departments’ workflow, break down the communication barriers and improve access to patient information by the entire care team. The highly scalable architecture offers a cost-effective solution to facilities requiring a complete storage and information management solution and McKesson’s disruption free implementation methodology ensures that users achieve shorter time to value realization.
Our customers are facing strong pressures: to decrease costs, increase revenues, and provide better patient care – all while struggling to meet impending regulatory changes. It is now; more important than ever that hospitals and users have access to reliable IT solutions to help them meet these challenges. Several sites have shared their success stories at how implementing a McKesson Enterprise Medical Imaging solution has reduced costs, improved efficiency, improved patient care and physician satisfaction.
• A small, community hospital implemented Horizon Medical Imaging to help them improve their business and better prepare for the future.
• A highly efficient practice that performs more than1.5 million exams/year needed to replace its dated PACS before it significantly impacted their ability to serve users. With the McKesson solutions they were able to increase data availability, with a cost efficient and regulatory compliant storage solution.
• A newly constructed facility decided it was time to rebuild from the inside out by consolidating and implementing the enterprise solution from McKesson including improved integrations to numerous third party applications.
• A busy facility faced the familiar challenge of not having the necessary staff to manage all the projects on its IT and radiology strategic roadmap to traverse multiple projects as needing a highly skilled PACS administrator and a project manager to handle multiple projects. Based upon her previous history and satisfaction with McKesson as a partner, she turned to their Staff Augmentation services for a solution.
During RSNA, McKesson will be demonstrating the latest release of industry leading RIS and PACS from McKesson has both infrastructure updates and usability enhancements that bring greater value to medical imaging workflows – from order entry, to data storage, image analysis and report distribution. McKesson’s solutions have a complete end-to-end workflow in one workspace and offer clinical, financial and operational benefits that address healthcare IT challenges both today and for the future.
• Workflow solutions – Critical Results and Peer Review – to help meet regulatory requirements and streamline workflow without affecting productivity
• Web-based tools to organize and share images, teaching files and reference case information
• A radiologist productivity tool that is a natural extension to display protocols for efficient analysis of complex, high-volume studies
• Newly released “Report Connector” software, that address the needs of a multi-vendor, heterogeneous environments
• A full array of professional services designed to help healthcare facilities realize their full potential
Picture your success with McKesson during RSNA at Booth #211 Lakeside Center to see how you can achieve better IT health. For more information, visit www.AllAboutPACS.com.